Thursday, January 6, 2011

Great book on Victorian photo albums

First off, oops! I don't pay attention to this blog as much as I should, and I just realized that I had my notifications turned off and wasn't getting anyone's great comments! So sorry if I seemed to be ignoring them. I'm enjoying catching up on them now, though!

I just finished reading a really interesting book called "Galleries of Friendship and Fame: A History of Nineteenth-Cent​ury American Photograph Albums" by Elizabeth Siegal. It's a little theoretical and can be repetitive at parts, but she does a good job explaining the origins of family albums in middle class America. She also talks a little about some of the technology and culture of photography during the 19th century. If you're at all interested in Victorian photopgrahy I would definitely recommend it!

1 comment: